Done properly, tire installation may only take a few minutes but they can last you thousands of miles.
At Harris Tire Company our experts will help you select the right tire for your car to ensure safety, stability, and comfort. We’ll start your tire installation by choosing the right tire for your car or truck. If you selected directional or asymmetric tires we will match each tire and wheel to its final position on your vehicle.
We recommend purchasing your tires in sets of four, or at least matching sets of two on each axle.
When tires are replaced in pairs, the newer tires should be installed in the rear of the vehicle with the older tires installed on the front. New tires installed on the rear axle help the driver control the car better, particularly in unsafe conditions. Proper installation requires that the lug nuts be tightened to the recommended specification for your vehicle.
Installing your new tires isn’t the most difficult task in the world, but it’s an important one that should be done properly for safety and comfort. At Harris Tire we also offer free rotations for any tires we install for you! We want to keep your vehicle running smoothly and safely! Our Tire Installation Service includes:
- Removal of wheels and old tires
- Inspecting the lug nuts for wear
- Installing new valve stems
- Mounting the new or seasonal tires
- Proper balancing and inflation
- Checking the disc brake caliper clearance, as well as the distance between calipers, wheels and rims to inspect for no interference
- Tightening lugs to proper torque as determined by the manufacturer