Brakes | Brake Service
Brakes are one of the most important components on your vehicle. You want the confidence knowing that when you hit the brakes on your car it’s going to stop when you need it.Â Here are a few DIY tips to help you keep your brakes functioning properly.
- Have your brakes checked at least once a year, or more often if you drive frequently in city traffic or live in a hilly area like Lynchburg.
- Always remember to take the parking brake off before you leave.
- Never drive with the parking brake on.
- If you hear a scratching or grinding noise when not braking, this also can be a sign of a brake or bearing issue and should be inspected immediately.
- If you experience shaking or vibration during braking, have them checked. (In most front-wheel drive mini-vans this happens more frequently due to the additional weight and load on the front brakes and pads.)
- Have your brake fluid tested and replaced as needed and if you have to add fluid more than once every few months, you may have a leak.