3 Common Summer Car ProblemsJuly 21, 2017
What To Do If Your Car Is Recalled?August 15, 2017
It’s Easy Going “Green”
These days everyone wants to do their part to help the environment. Most of us aren’t going to become activists, but there are some simple things we can do that allow us to do our part to help the environment. It’s no coincidence that practicing these same Car Care Tips also helps our cars perform better and last longer. According to both ASE and the Car Care Council it really all comes down to regular vehicle maintenance and safe driving.
Here are specific suggestions:
- Perform Routine Maintenance, including steps like checking engine performance, keeping tires properly inflated, replacing air filters regularly, changing oil regularly and checking your gas cap. Replace filters and fluids as recommended by the owner’s manual.
- Follow The Speed Limit. Speeding and hard accelerations waste gasoline. You don’t need to step on the gas when the light turns green, and you don’t need to go 70 on 501.
- Remove Excess Weight. Remove unnecessary items from the vehicle. Only store essential items in your trunk like the spare tire, jumper cables, etc. Less weight equals better mileage for your car.
- Recycle or properly dispose motor oil, tires, batteries, fluids and other vehicle components to help protect the planet when performing vehicle maintenance or repairs
- Monitor Your Tires. Along with poorly aligned wheels, under inflated tires can waste fuel by forcing your vehicle to work harder. If your tires show uneven wear, they should probably be aligned by a professional.
- Keep Your Vehicle Longer and limit the number of new cars you buy over the course of a lifetime. Extending vehicle life is as simple as taking care of your vehicle properly. You’ll gain years of reliable service without monthly car payments and higher insurance rates.
“Being car care aware and performing basic vehicle maintenance go a long way toward protecting the environment and improving fuel economy,” said Rich White, executive director, Car Care Council.
Do your part to “Go Green” and save gas and protect your car at the same time!